Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Remodeling the Basement Part: 2 The Finished Product!

Hooray for our new basement!
We can officially call this project D.O.N.E!!
Here are all the BEFORE and AFTER pictures of
all the rooms in the basement.

BEFORE/ AFTER

Top: BEFORE
Bottom: AFTER
(The kids room/ family room)

Top: BEFORE
Bottom: AFTER
(this is the wall and door we built and put in to separate the utility room/water heater/furnace room. It was only separated by that curtain...Ugh. How was i suppose to keep my kids out of there?)

BEFORE/ AFTER

This part of the furnace and ducts were also exposed so we threw a wall in there too! I love that Ty and his Dad just put up a wall here and there like it was no big deal!!

AFTER.
I can't believe I didn't get a BEOFRE shot of this room.
It had hideious curtains just like the room below,and non painted
cement floor. We tore down the curtains in hurry and put up blinds(in all the rooms)
repainted to room, painted the cement floor with a nice dark toupe cement paint and put
a large piece of new carpet in as an area rug.
BEFORE
Check out those curtains...blah.
We put up new blinds, put in new carpet,
and painted over all that yucky blue.

AFTER
Besides the kids play room...this is probably my favorite room.
Probably because its my very own sewing room! No more
sewing around the dinner table! Yay! I get to share
it with Tyler every now and then when he is studying at his desk...
which makes for nice company while im doing projects!

6 comments:

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Wow, that looks like a TON of work but it looks AWESOME! Nice job. We have been trying to re-tile our one bathroom and it has sat half done for months. I'm impressed!

The Shermans said...

Looks good! Did you buy the house? Good luck this year, and yes, 3rd year is the best year. 4th year is good too, after all the out-rotations and applying to residency.

natalie palmer said...

I can't begin to tell you how impressed i am. it looks so much better! so aren't you guys renting? Did the landlord pay for you guys to make all those nice changes? i wish we could change some things about our place but you can tell that the landlords think it is SO nice already. ug. :) its really not that bad. but it makes my dreams for our future home that much more vivid!

PB&JDensley said...

Awesome! You guys did good! Looks great!

MinDee said...

WOW! It looks sooo good!!! You guys really woked hard. Now you have plenty of room for us to come and stay ;)

Melanie said...

I think that the new walls are my favorite. Well that and the new sink. I had wanted to replace that sink soooooo bad.