Casper Dog Sled Races
This is probably on of the coolest events I've
ever been too. I have come to realize that
an event doesn't have to be just absolutely
amazing and cost lots of money to make it
the best event ever. But what does matter
and what made this so fun for me (i don't know
about the rest of my family) but for me it was that:
1. We were together as a Family
2. It was Free
3. It was an event I will probably never
see again in my life
4. It was so fun
5. It was amazing...and
6. I've never seen anything like it before.
and their "Musher" come running in to the finish.
A "Musher" is the Dog sled team driver.
passionate these dogs are to race. It takes a whole
other "team" of people to hold each dog at the starting
line because they are jumping, wailing, and anxious to run.
We learned some of the Dog sled racer jargon.
Musher Commands:
Mush: Lets go
Gee: Turn right
Haw: Turn left
On by: Straight ahead or pass the distractions
these dogs. People came from all over to participate in
this charitable event. They have special trailers
that have about 6-10 kennels built in for the dogs
to travel in. The races ranged from 1 mile to 18 miles.
And the teams where made of anywhere between 4-8 dogs.
They had other events such as the 100 yard dashes that
young kids like 6 years old could do with 1 dog. And
an event called sojourn where a team of dogs is pulling
their driver on just ski's instead of a sled. We didn't get to
see these events...Addie got cold and when she's
cold she's not a happy camper. I could have stayed
there all day and watched the races but at least
I have pictures to remember it all.
I'm so glad we went!










4 comments:
Awe, I have been waiting to see these pics! What a neat event to be able to attend. Glad Addie didn't stay in the car for this one ;)
Love those Huskies! Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing!
Brad Fallon
how fun! that would be great to see. and you're right, it's probably the only time you're going to see something like that! i'm glad you guys got to do it.
AND your cake looks great! what beautiful flowers!
That seriously looks like SO much fun! I love huskies but to see them race would be awesome and that is my kind of fun too - free and together as a family.
Post a Comment