Monday, September 15, 2008

White Coat Ceremony

My White Coat Man! Way to go Ty!
Hang in there for the Long Coat!
The longer the coat the closer you are to
officially becoming a Doctor. So they
start them out short.

On our way to the Ceremony Downtown Des Moines.
The students were all instructed to where
their white coats over their right arm when entering
the building.
Sorry this pic is so horrible. The lighting was so bad and when you turned off
your flash then all the pics went blurry so i don't have any of ty actually walking
across this stage recieving his pins and signing the honor code.

Addie was so good during this 2 hour event. We were in an auditorium
so there wasn't that much room to move around. She loved to clap when everyone
else did. We also brought plenty of treats and books!


YEAH FOR DADDY!!!! This was after the ceremony. We are so
proud of you and love you so much Ty!
Happy parents!

I LOVE YOU!!
Isn't he just a babe!! What a good lookin' husband I have!

Ty and Doug

This is the patch on their white coats. I thought the patch was cool
so i decided to take a pic of it. Ty thought i was kinda crazy but oh well!!!
Anyway, after the ceremony we went out to eat to a fabulous Mexican resturant then
came home and picked out paint color for our new accent wall that Ty's dad painted for us.
We hurried and picked it out, ran to Lowes got all the stuff and away he went! I can't believe
how much of a difference putting a color on you wall makes. It turned out so great!
Pictures to come....Ty's mom and I also ran to the Fabric store and bought some
discounted fabric to cover my couch pillows so i can have a splash of color in our new
made over family room! However to top it all off we were inspired to run into
this other store real quick and just happened to stumble upon a area rug
that matched perfect and it was majorly on sale so of course we
bought it (our carpet is horrible hence the need for a rug).
So we totally have a whole new room. What fun! Our home is more a home now!
We sure enjoyed having the grandparents here with us. We are excepting all other visitors as well. We love Des Moines and love having people come visit!

12 comments:

PB&JDensley said...

Congrats Ty! That's great! I'm glad to see you all are doing so well! Addie is so adorable and you guys look great!

Unknown said...

Congrats that is awesome! Now that I think of it I have another friend that just moved out there. I wonder if you guys are by each other. Her husband just went to a white coat ceremony too.

Caleb and Diane said...

Hey You!! I am so sorry it has been forever since I posted on your blog! I have been sooo busy with school, Daisy, Caleb, test, homework, house, ugh ... you name it. But Man!! Congrats to Tyler! I like the coat!! Also I was looking over your other post and you and Addie are always out doing Stuff! Poor Daisy she is always stuck at home while Caleb and I race to and from work and school.

But guess freakin' what!!!? Flippin Sarah came over today and told me she is moving... TOMORROW!!! I was so sad. I have now lost you both!! :0(

The Christians said...

We are happy you guys blog, your family is beautiful~ Happy birthday Tyler and great job on the white coat. We miss you guys lately and hope that someday our paths cross again.

B and B Slack said...

Hey Jamie, I just thought I'd say hi...(I stumbled across your blog somehow) Your little girl is darling! Congrats to your husband, that is exciting!

becca said...

Jamie, you look so beautiful in these pictures! And a huge congrats to Ty! So, what does this mean now?

Pam from Over the Big Moon said...

Hey Jamie! It is Pam (Haslem) Dana! Your little family is so dang cute! You med wives amaze me! You end up all over the U.S. I am still in good ol' ST.G! haha :) Keep in touch!

Pam
www.danafamily.com

Kenz said...

Ty, if it wasn't for the white coat, I would have thought you were going out on a mission! You look so professional:) You guys look great, and am glad your doing well!

Barlow Fam said...

Im so excited for you tyler,way to go!! Congrats on the new room as well. I can't wait to see it! You both look great!

Jer & Mick said...

Congrats! Thats so exciting getting started and everything! It looks like you guys are having a blast out here but we too can't wait to see ya at christmas!

The Munfords said...

Yeah Tyler! That is great and it looks like you had or are still having a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Hansen! Oh and I loved the Tiger!!

Keri Larson said...

Hey Jamie, sounds like things are going great for you guys, that's so awesome. I'm glad you guys like Iowa; we're loving Oklahoma too. It's been fun to get away and have a change. I hope school is going well for Tyler. Keep in touch.