Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The State Fair






For F.H.E this past Monday night we went out to the state fair! Its only about 20 minutes away from our house and you can't live in Iowa and not go to the fair!!! It's a huge deal here. We enjoyed the company of our friends the Mindy and Kellen Stromberg and Doug and Rachael Cook. We got to see a lot of animals and for some reason Addie wasn't as excited and brave as she used to be around animals, oh well she still had fun looking at them! They had hundreds deep fried food booths set up all along the streets. One of which tyler had heard about and was so anxious to try......The deep fried Twinkie booth!!! Can you say GROSS! Yes, my thrifty husband had waited a long time to try one so he forked out the money to have this once in a life time opportunity. Lets just say it he'll probably never do that again!! Not as good as it looked! We did play a carnival game and watched some stock car racing then headed home. Fun times here in Iowa!

7 comments:

Anne said...

Jame! It looks like you guys are having a blast out there! I'm so glad you have friends and are doing things. Good job with the blog. :) Keep it up! Sure do love you.

Amy Miller said...

Deep fried Twinkies. Sounds pretty...well...non-delicious to me also. :) Dad would love it though. Glad to see all the fun pics and stuff. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. Love you guys tons and tons. Kiss Addie on those cute little cheeks for me.

kate said...

Yay for blogs.. Looks like you guys are having fun out there! I'm going to add you guys to my link list if that's cool. It's fun to keep in touch.. especially with those that move away to Med School. Awesome! :)

Caleb and Diane said...

Twinkies? Ew. I took a deep look at the twinkie on Rachels blog and that just looks Gross!!! Leave it to Tyler to try it! If looks like you guys are having a blast in your new home!!! Good Luck with everything and tell Tyler we say good luck with school!!! BTW Daisy's birthday party is next Saturday and YOU little butts wont be here!! How sad!! She is going to cry!

The Christians said...

I never knew you had a blog. I am happy Jason blog stocked you through the Sherman's or I would never have found out. I did not even know he ever looked at blogs. We love you guys! Brooke and Jason

kate said...

Hey Tyler and Jamie..
Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you guys during this terrible loss at SWSC in Cedar. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Katie Nikolaus said...

TYLER!!! It's been a long time! Brant and I are just up the street here in Rochester, MN at Mayo Med School! We should drive and meet you guys in the middle somewhere! Your little girl is so cute, how old is she? Brant wants to know what school you're at. Let us know what you're up to!