This past Saturday Tyler and his friend Doug had to go to a 5k race in a little town called Adel about 15 minutes west of where we live. They were there watching the 2nd year D.O. students practice their OMM (osteopathic manipulative medicine) on the runners. The Race was a kick off to Adel's Sweet corn Festival. Doug's wife, Rachael and I drove out later to join our husbands and see what the festival was all about. We were greeted by our husbands each holding a plate stacked full of buttered sweet corn. FREE corn for everyone!!! They had an 18 wheeler stuffed full of corn and a long line of anxious people waiting to feast upon Iowa's very own sweet corn!! We enjoyed walking around the car show and all the booths. They also had a game set up on one of the streets where they had a big metal can hooked to a cable that ran the distance of a short block and a team on each end. The goal was to get the can to the other teams side using the power and the water coming from a fire hose! Addie loved watching all the water, getting wet, and of course walking thru the puddles! We were going to head out to the state fair that night, but instead we started watching the Olympics and couldn't break ourselves away. They can be soooo addicting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
You FINALLY updated your blog! j/k I had to say that because I know you will be getting that quite a bit once everyone realizes that you put some pics up. Cute pictures! We sure enjoy your company!
Awww... I am so sad I wasn't the first to blog!! Ugh!! Leave it to you to say you got it set up when Daisy is taking her nap in the same room Caleb happen to leave the computer in!!! Oh gay!! BUT no worries I still love you!! Welcome to the blogging world!!! Remember: people on read you blog and leave comments if you also go out and leave them comments!! :0)
Post a Comment