Thursday, September 29, 2011

{Ty's Birthday/ Labor Day Weekend}

Labor Day weekend we found ourselves loading
up the van and heading to Pinto to meet up
with other members of Tylers family.

 We started the weekend off by celebrating
Tylers 29th Birthday!
Doesn't he look so happy to be turning 29!!
His cake took a beating during
the drive up to Pinto so it didn't look real great
BUT...it sure tasted fabulous!! It was my first attempt
at making a cake from scratch and I'm glad it
turned out or else i would have never heard
the end of it!

 Biking "stuff" was at the top of his birthday wish list,
and biking stuff he got!

 The great thing about Pinto is that it's a place
you can relax, enjoy the outdoors, go
on adventures, play with family, gather up
wild turkey feathers and stick them in your pants,
wear Great Grandpa Ence's hats, play in the sand/dirt,
sit and do word searches, go on four wheeler rides,
collect acorns, feed the cows and horses, go
on tractor rides, and the list could go on and on!

 Boys will be boys with their parents toys!!!
(Hopefully someday we'll have some of our own!)
This is Tyler's happy place!


There is a little reservoir about 5 minutes away
from the cabin. We had a great day
out on the water thanks to Aunt Amy and Uncle Rob
for bringing their boat. Trey experience tubing for
the first time and Addie experience tubing solo
for the first time. They loved it! And  Tyler and
I even got some wake boarding in! Its been a while since
either of us had done it but it
was just like riding a bike...you don't forget!

 And last but not least the long awaited
tractor ride with Daddy. Addie and Trey
just can't get enough of the tractor. They
love to sit up there next to Daddy and go
for rides around the cabin and out in the pastures!
We had such a great weekend!
I'd consider it a Labor Day weekend
well spent!!

1 comment:

MinDee said...

Sounds fun! Wish we could've made it. I love how happy Ty looks to be turning 29! Kinda how I felt when I turned 30 :(