I hear this question about
20 times a day. Addie LOVES to
color, paint, water paint, etc.
She is getting better at staying
in the lines and coming up with
drawings by herself. She used
to have me draw a picture for her
first then she'd color or paint it.
But now shes developing some of her
own skills for drawing. We've been working
on the Color wheel and the 3 Primary colors.
Still working on Complementry colors though.
So I decided it was time to share some
of her masterpieces with you....
"The Happy Cookie Monster Family"
She found a little bag of googly eyes amoungst
my craft stuff and asked me if she could make
a cookie monster "because cookie monster has eyes like
these." Sure why not? So she sat down at the table
grabbed her blue marker and this is what she came up with.
so hard to stay in the lines. Shes getting better and better
every time!
We started with the Primary Colors and made
all the other colors from those 3 colors.
And she wrote her name on her painting to top it off!
What a lucky girl to have 2 wonderful Grandparents to
inherit this talent from...because i'm pretty sure
she didn't get it from her parents!!!







4 comments:
how fun! what a good mommy you are! my kids probably don't know what a color wheel even is. what a great artist you are addie! we love you!
These really are priceless! What a creative, sweet girl.
Way to go Addie! I teach my students to make all the complementary and intermediates using only the primary colors too. Wow! and you're doing it at three! I'm glad you like art like I do. Keep up the good work. I'm so proud. I'll color with you when you come to our house. I have a lot of paint and brushes. Love Grandpa
What a talented girl and amazing mommy. I am impressed! Can you teach Cole art too :)
Post a Comment