Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Why pay the money when.....

You can make it yourself!
My poor candles have been bare this season because
i'm too cheap to go out and buy candle wreaths until the
end of the season when they go majorly on sale...
I was explaining this to my mom when she said,
"why don't you just make your own!"...DUH!
So....
Heres what Addie and I did this morning/afternoon together!
Our very own Candle wreath and I love it!
All you need:
*Some wire
*Fresh picked Fall colored leaves
*Candle to put it around
Just string on the wire a lot of fun leaves to your desired length
and waa laa a beautiful festive candle wreath!
The best thing is Addie and I could do this together.
We spent the morning collecting leaves in a brown paper
bag. Addie absolutely loved going outside and helping
me pick leaves of all different colors. Then when little
brother went down for his nap she helped me string
on the leaves onto the wire while picking out what leaf
we would do next!

8 comments:

carly k said...

Well hello lady!!!! Long time! I am so glad that you left me a comment...this is why I love blogs! Finding old friends:) So two babies and in Iowa. Right on! Pat and I are in SG right now and no babies, but I have a darling little dog!

So good to hear from you!

mary said...

I love them! What a super idea. We will have to do it.

Jamie said...

so cute! what a great idea!

Danna said...

So fun Jamie! It turned out great! Now i need to do it!

Christia said...

Nice!! You're super crafty, seriously! I'm in awe!

A Momma said...

Wow, that is a cute idea!

Delores said...

So fun to get to know your sweet family. It means a lot to have such good friends for our kids and know you are there to help them when we can't be. I loved the leaves of Iowa, in fact I brought some home. What a good idea. So cute.

Johnstun Fam said...

great idea! I need to do that! way Cute!!