While my parents were here for Treys blessing
we ventured over to Pella, Iowa. It is such a cute
little town and we really had a fun time enjoying pastries,
learning about and touring the windmill, and shopping
in the cute little dutch shops that line the brick streets
of down town Pella!
Grandma Rosie and Addie
Addie was absolutely enthralled with this
clock that chimed and played music every
other hour along with figurines that would
come out and dance to the tune. I have never
seen her sit so still for so long so i took lots
of pictures of addie still.
camper the whole time!
we kept going back for more!
and Addie and I.
sharing "sweets" with the grand kids!
The pastries were really good.
they grind flour in it everyday except Tuesdays...
the day we just happened to be there. But it was still
fun to go up to the top and see the grinding mill and
learn about the unique qualities of a windmill.
If you have a saturday or any day with nothing to do
i recommend heading out to Pella it is only an
hour away and well worth it!







7 comments:
What a fun time you guys had... What a cute little town too, What a fun place to live.. Can't wait to come and see you, hopefully I can come out soon!!!
i'm going to have to check out this place! looks like fun :)
So much fun and I guess you loved the Pastries!! I'm jealous that you have new country to check out its hard to grow up and still live in the same place you dont really see much but you know pretty much everyone!
We seriously LOVE Pella! I love the pictures of Addie sitting still, she's so cute!!! I can't wait to take my parents to Pella when they come to visit!
Wow I think we were on at the same time. When I got done updating, your post was there! What a fun Scandinavian town! Reminds me of Solvang. Glad you had fun with your fam, we sure do miss you guys, especially with all the dang reunions going on!!!:)
Ty went on his mission to The Netherlands so we're all about Pella and the especially the pastries. :)
Such a cute little family! Whata cute little town! Addie and Trey are so cute.
Post a Comment